Sethos Court No. 105

Daughters of Isis, Prince Hall Affiliated

Sethos Court No. 105 History
Third Chartered Court in the Desert of North Carolina

A year had passed since an eligible group of Prince Hall Masons in this city was chartered as members of the Ancient Egyptian Arabic Order Nobles Mystic Shrine of North and South America and it's Jurisdiction, Inc. The chartered group was Sethos Temple No. 170 in the Oasis of Winston-Salem, Desert of North Carolina. Sethos Temple was the third in the Desert; Rameses Temple of Charlotte, NC was the first and Khalif Temple of Greensboro, NC was the second. Rameses Court No. 78 was chartered in 1941 and Khalif Court No. 90 in 1946.

On Wednesday evening, April 30, 1947, wives, mothers, sisters and daughters of the Nobles of Sethos Temple met at Brown's Funeral Home, then on 7th Street, to organize Sethos Club and receive information on procedures for setting up a Court. Noble Clark S. Brown, the appointed Advisor who later became our first Illustrious Advisor, was designated to preside and hold an election of temporary officers as follows:

President - Mrs. Thelma Critten Cobb
Vice President - Mrs. Dorothy Mitchell
Secretary - Mrs. Cornetta Hawkins
Treasurer - Mrs. Mollie Poag

Meetings continued at Brown's Funertal Home and later at Pythian Hall, at 7th and Chestnut Streets.

On July 30, 1947, members of Sethos Club were initiated by Khalif Court No. 90 and thereafter known as Sethos Court No. 105. Sethos Temple gave an elaborate banquet at the Flamingo in honor of the new Daughters of Isis. The Charter was issued August 16, 1947 with thirty-three Charter members.